For those who own an M&P shield, all you want is for the weapon to excel in in any situation. But a feature that might enhance your shooting is to add night sights to your M&P. When using your M&P handgun at night, you want to have the best night sights you can that fit your budget, of course.
Below are some of the top night sights currently available for an M&P shield. We’ll break down the good, the bad, and everything in between regarding these sights’ abilities.
Best M&P Shield Night Sights
- Trijicon Night Sight Sets for Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols
- XS Sight Systems SW-0024S-3 Big Dot Tritium Express Front Sight
- AmeriGlo S&W B&P Bowie Tactical Front & Rear Sights
- Truglo Brite-Site Tritium Handgun Sight
Trijicon Night Sight Sets for Smith & Wesson M&P Pistols
With one of the best reputations on the market and a twelve-year warranty, this sight set is one of the best models to buy. This sight has also been constructed to take into account the different needs of shooters.
The front sight comes with a bright orange ring with a luminescent coating for better visibility in low-light situations. To allow for a single-handed slide move, the rear sight has been designed with a deep hook.
This sight is designed to help increase the shooter’s accuracy, especially because they are mainly used in tactical situations. Another favorite feature of this sight set is that you can keep the sights on while storing the weapon in your safe.
- Ring pained with photoluminescence
- Excellent tactical abilities
- 12-year warranty
XS Sight Systems SW-0024S-3 Big Dot Tritium Express Front Sight
This XS night sight is unique to many buyers because it has a big dot on the front sight, which is a different design than most night sights. The front sight features a tritium dot, which is enveloped in a large white circle. The purpose behind the white color is to reflect light, allowing this sight to be used at any time of day.
The rear sight also has a unique design, which features a V-shaped notch. The notch is important as it avoids interference with the front of the same model. Another great feature is the ability to re-holster your weapon without the night sight snagging on other equipment.
With a contemporary design, this sight will appeal to a lot of different shooters. Also, if you are trying to avoid laser sights, try these sights, as you can use them during daylight hours.
- Large reflective dot
- Allows for fast targeting
- Ergonomic design
AmeriGlo S&W B&P Bowie Tactical Front & Rear Sights
Made with machined steel and anodized matte black, many shooters will be attracted to this set of night sights. With the ruggedly built design, you know you will get a great product in performance and durability. The front and rear sights have green tritium; you also can get green on the front and yellow on the rear sight. But, of course, this feature depends on where you purchase them.
For many shooters, the reflective ring around each is mandatory. These sights are easier to install than others, and are a low-profile model. The rear sight has a wider and deeper notch to center the front sight on for quicker sighting ability.
This brand is one of the best on the market for night sights today. It is a one-size-fits-all night sight that fits most M&P pistols and works great if paired with shooting glasses.
- Easy install
- Tritium has a white ring
Truglo Brite-Site Tritium Handgun Sight
If you are a shooter who is looking for a great sight with extreme durability. You might be looking for the Truglo sights that are made of CNC machined steel. They also come as a front- and rear sight set. The sights are built to be smooth, so they won’t snag on clothes or equipment when drawing and will fit nicely in your holster too.
The Brite-Site sights come with the bright tritium, but they do not have a reflective colored ring that many other night sights on the market have. In addition, the sights are lightweight and shouldn’t affect how they handle or carry.
These sights perform great overall, and many shooters appreciate their quality and price point. The sights also perform just as well in low light or dark conditions.
- Low-cost sights
- Rugged design
- Accurate in low light conditions
Best Night Sights M&P Shield Buying Guide
You will want to have a few accessories if you use your handgun for self-defense or home defense. And perhaps your first purchase should be a night sight for your M&P shield handgun.
Below are a few tips to keep in mind to get the best model for you and your weapon.
- To see your target clearly, the reticle or dot of your sight needs to be bright enough. This is essential for both bright and low-light shooting. This is one of the most important factors in choosing your sight.
- The purpose of a sight is to help you shoot more accurately, so choosing a sight with the best accuracy is a must. If you have a sight that doesn’t work well, you will not shoot very well. And no matter what you are shooting at, you want to shoot all the time accurately.
- Having a sight that is easy to use is also something to consider. The easier it is to use your sight, the easier it will be to shoot accurately. When you are comfortable with your weapon and night sight, you will be a more accurate shooter.
- Size and weight are important factors in choosing a night sight. In addition, it is important to have a sight that is light and easy to carry when on your weapon.
- Choosing a ruggedly built sight is also very important. It is crucial to choose a sight that is designed to be used in and can withstand the outdoors.
The models reviewed all have amazing performance, and choosing the night sight that works the best for you will keep you wanting to use it.
If you still aren’t sure which night sight to get after reading this article, perhaps you need to check into the AmeriGlo Bowie Tactical night sight. These sights have some of the best features on the market that allow you to shoot accurately, even at night. They are also priced lower than other sights with similar characteristics.